July 4th is always a fun time with being outside, spending time with family & friends while grilling out, and of course the fireworks! The fireworks are a beautiful way to celebrate our country’s independence, but your pet doesn’t necessarily appreciate them!
National statistics show that animal control officers see a 30-60% increase in lost pets each year from July 4th – July 6th and more pets go missing during this time period than any other time of the year.
It is important to keep all members of your family safe and happy during the activities of July 4th, here are a few tips to keep that furry member of your family safe…
1. Stay Inside- As much as it is fun to take your pet out to the barbecues and festivities, this can make them very anxious and nervous. It’s better to keep your pets inside at all times during the holiday celebrations…if possible, have someone stay home with your pet. If you must take your pet out, make sure that your pet has a good snug harness or collar on and is leashed at all times.
2. Make them feel safe- It’s important to make sure that your pet feels safe and comfortable while all of the commotion is going on. Comfort your pets with petting, talking to them in a soothing voice, providing them a treat or their favorite toy, and staying nearby if possible. If your pet feels safe with a crate or “safe place”, make sure that they have access to that place that they feel the most comfortable.
3. Look into natural calming products- Some pets need more help with easing their anxiety more than others. PurCBD oil and treats for dogs is an all-natural way to ease the anxiety of your pet, making them calm and comfortable throughout the festivities.
4. Avoid the noise- Drowning out the fireworks as much as possible will also make your pet feel safe and comfortable. Closing the windows, playing music, and turning on the tv are all great ways to drown out the sound of the fireworks.
5. Act normal- Your pet understands your body language and will take cues from you and your family’s actions. Keep your normal routine for you and your pet as much as possible.
All of these tips have been proven to help keep pets safe in the past. It’s always a good idea to maintain your animals’ microchip with up to date information as well as the tags on their collars/harnesses. By having a plan for your pet during the celebrations, hopefully your family will not have to face the heartbreak of losing a pet during the July 4th holiday!
PAWSOME! Friends and fans of the Dogington Post save 20% on PurCBD for Pets CBD oil and treats using the coupon code DOGINGTON20 (Expires July 4th) Click here to save: https://purcbdhealth.com/category/cbd-for-pets